Wexler Boley & Elgersma LLP strives to recruit lawyers and professionals who emphasize drive, passion and integrity to provide legal services of the highest quality.
Join Our Dynamic and Talented Legal Team
Many of Wexler Boley & Elgersma LLP’s lawyers serve as leaders in charitable institutions, teach at universities and are members of national, state and local bar associations. Our partners have been selected multiple times as “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” in Illinois and have been named Illinois Local Litigation Stars by Benchmark Plaintiff, and our associates hail from some of the top schools in the nation, garnering numerous top-of-the-class CALI awards for the highest grades in their courses.
Immediate opening for a Legal Assistant with at least one year of experience. Position involves working closely with Attorneys and Paralegals to perform a variety of tasks in connection with the firm’s cases, including providing assistance in preparing legal filings, maintaining the firm calendar, performing receptionist duties, preparing and revising correspondence, pleadings, discovery, deposition scheduling and federal and state court e-filing.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide general administrative support for multiple attorneys and paralegals
- Maintain firm calendar and make travel arrangements upon request
- Answer phones
- Review and format legal documents, draft letters, and other documentation
- Perform federal and state filings.
- Manage, organize, and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing systems
- Comply with and understand firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Associate’s degree in paralegal studies, a paralegal certificate, or a Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant (preferably in a law firm or corporate legal department), legal assistant, legal secretary, or paralegal
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently, manage large workloads, and keep deadlines